Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh joy... more poetry (sarcasm)

So I told you all about the guy I like now, right? his name is James, but we'll nickname him "rehab boy" for added anonymity. Well he has inspired a number of my recent poetic works, so i just thought I'd share a few small pieces before my head implodes with analyzations. Enjoy & what not:

Invisible Eyes
This pretense of normalcy is wearing to its end
The different tiers of insanity now waiting
How long can a silent voice scream without gasping for air?
How much can a single breath impact a lifetime?
From one familiar voice to the next
I exist to impress the boy inside my head...
The one with the deep voice and invisible eyes
Always elusive and critical at best
He's the force behind my modest smile
But as these contour lines blend into the face of reality
A twisted girl is born.



Sweet Skepticism
Staring at the words scrawled out before me
The ink refuses coherence with a vengeance
These tired eyes can barely read the lines
Let alone the ones between them
Your implications begin to irk my stability
And a new hope rises from uncertain depths
But I can’t fall back into this rundown routine
It must seem terribly jaded by now
Yet the only way off this idealist surplus
Is to be lobbed into my own personal hell
I'd prefer to wait till morning...



A Lucid Tomorrow
This varnished truth had overridden her rationality
A stable condition has now warped into a dangerous new being
The patronizing stance of her lead in waiting
Had become a perverse comfort to this partial girl
But the pretense of unkindness was only in her head
And all promise of a lucid tomorrow is forgotten
While the same dejected sad song repeates without mercy



Happy December :)
--lauren

No comments: