Thursday, August 21, 2008

The 3rd First Impression

The only good thing about the whole "Back to School" ordeal is the anual chance to redefine yourself, your style, and your attitude.

I spent countless hours at the mall today going clothes shopping... Not to impress my generation x classmates, but to really figure out who I wanted to be this year... What kind of image I wanted to portray... etc etc.

I mean, honestly, we ALL make those first day back judgments & observations like:
"She lost weight over the summer, she looks really good"
"He got a haircut... it was better before"
"so & so has a faux hawk... who are they trying to be?"

You put your best foot foreward so to speak, to determine how you will be percieved for the rest of the academic year. So socially speaking, the first day of school is VERY curcial. It's another chance at a first impression.

So while most people are sitting at home, dreading the first day of school, I'm busy planning & internalizing for it. It's really not the first day of school that we should be worried about... it's the 2nd day that's the problem.

Forever yours

--Lauren

No comments: