Friday, August 15, 2008

*snap snap snap snap*

Okay so I've been doing a lot of writing in the past little while... I've been doing some MAJOR soul searching this summer, and I feel like I know myself a lot better now. I dug through my old journals and stuff while I was cleaning out my room, and a lot of those old feelings and memories flooded back to me...

I don't really know how to explain it, but if you want to read some of my crap I'll post it...


Too Good
With one freckled face
Enjoy the taste of being disconnected now
But it’s not his fault
And it’s not your fault for what your mind wouldn’t allow
Those beady eyes
Were just a disguise for a destructive wrecking ball
But it’s not his fault
And it’s not your fault; it’s overrated to have it all

You had it way too good for way too long
You were too content; you were just too strong
Now you’re home again, where you don’t belong
Nothing’s been right
Since your whole life went wrong


Only
Only through darkness can we achieve light
Only through blindness can we achieve sight

Only through ignorance can we achieve education
Only through bliss can we experience damnation

Only moving forwards can we understand reverse
And only through love do we experience hurt


Soulmate
Reaching out for that small connection
Just a look, that’s all I need
Tell me that it’s real
Assure me that it’s tangible
And I’ll know my life’s not been wasted
With one touch
…Just one touch
Then I’ll smile you’ll laugh and I’ll look away
Your hand inches closer
My breath begins to shake
As my mind races to comprehend
Your unsure eyes verify the impossible
And before I can speak you whisper goodbye
Reality pixilating around us
With one final longing glance you’ve disappeared
And I’m left alone with a feeble dream
Of what could never be


I have no judgment whatsoever on my own writing, so any feedback is appreciated, but if not whatever... I dont think anyone really reads this anyways.

Ciao home slice,

--Lauren

No comments: