Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer update...

DAYUM
it's been a while, n'est pas?

I can't believe that Summer's almost over... 2 months is nowhere near sufficent. But let's not dwell on the relentless outcome of the near future. I'll tell you what's been going on in my oh-so-amazing life.

Well, I decided to redecorate my bedroom... My purple, green, pink, & blue colour scheme & unicorn border were no longer up to par, so I forced my dad to drive me to Ikea, and I had a freaking feild day! I don't know about you, But I've always dreamt about living in Ikea. Anyways, I got new furniture (Dark wood, très chic) & super cool green accessories. I also biked over to home depot and bought a gallon of paint -In the process, discovering how difficult biking is when holding a gallon of paint. So I painted my room (all by myself, I'm quite proud) The colour is called "Silver Quill"... which is a fancy name for grey. After all was said & done, I was beyond happy with the turnout. The room is modern & minimalistic... I guess watching all of those design shows on HGTV payed off.

Last night me & my best friend took a walk down to the local convience store, and bought us some large pepsi flavoured slushies. We then walked another 20 minutes to the only park in our community with swings. It was around dinner time, so all of the kids were at home leaving the entire park empty. Without question, me & my friend Jo ran to the swings and started having competitions to see who could swing higher. We were there swinging for hours, laughing & talking, and for the first time... It really felt like summer. The sun was setting behind us as the wind blew our hair around. It was just perfect warm weather, and as we gained momentum with each swing, we... or at least I felt so alive, and so free. I dunno, I can't really describe it... but to me, it's the all of the small moments, that can make a summer memorable.

Ooh and today it was my friend Steph's sweet 16. It was just a small get together with about 7 or 8 of us. It was fun... we ate hotdogs & cake & chocolate covered grapes, and played Mariokart & DDR on the Wii for hours. After that we all went to the movies to see "Step Brothers" The movie was god awful, but sooooo funny! And it was hilarious to see some of my friends' reactions to all of the penis jokes & the like.

Ooh and I got the new book in the Twilight series "Breaking Dawn" the night it came out. READ IT if you haven't. I also got the new Jonas Brothers Album "A Little Bit Longer" when it came out on the 12th. AMAZING!

Before I end this post, I'll leave you with youtube links to the songs I have been obsessed with for the past week... Check em out, all have been Lauren Approved!

Streets on Fire - Lupe Fiasco
I Don't Want to Be - Gavin DeGraw
After Tonight - Justin Nozuka
Say it Again - Marie Digby
Video Girl - Jonas Brothers

So yeah. Tis all my peeps. Now go get a life :P lurveeee ya

--Lauren

No comments: