Friday, August 29, 2008

Apple Yogurt?

Today in English class we got our very first assignment back. It was just a diagnostic-type thing to see where our writing level was as an individual & so the teacher knows what to work on & so on.

Anyways, My friends all got theirs back before I did & I was starting to get really nervous & crap. I mean, I like to write, but I have no judgment as to whether I actually have any talent, ergo, this feedback was crucial.

So yeah... my turn rolled around, and the teacher called me up as she did with everyone else. My heart was racing, practically audible, as I stood before her desk. She grabbed my paper & looked up at me, revealing no prevailant expression... THE TENSION WAS UNBARABLE!

"Wow" was all Ms Attwell said at first, leaving me to stare at her incrediously. "Your entry was the best in the class" she cracked a warm smile while I just stood there, mouth gaped open in disbelief. She rambled on about my vocabulary and use of literary devices and so on... but I wasn't really paying attention. The one thing I did catch however was her referring to my writing as "Pure artistry"

Holy compliments Batman!

I'm very grateful for her nice words and such, but at the same time a little bit distraught; I don't want those words to sink in too much. I mean, they were all very nice, and much appreciated, but I don't want a big head. I don't want to start thinking that I am this amazing writer who does everything with perfection and grace... Cuz I don't. I just need to remember to work hard with every piece I submit, knowing I'm not the best writer in the world... and critizism is healthy. As much as you learn, there is always a vast amount of room for improvement.

I'm still a little diluted from that class... artisrtry... It's difficult to wrap my head around.

Ooh and I had apple yogurt for lunch today... isn't that a wierd flavour?

peace&love&everythingelse,

--Lauren

No comments: